Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Peter Winkler
Deputy Head of Department Communication Science
Head of Division Organisational Communication
Room: 1st floor, room 1044, Rudolfskai 42, 5020 Salzburg
Office hours: by appointment
Mail: Peter.Winkler@plus.ac.atPeter Winkler is a University Professor at the Department of Communication Studies. He is Head of the Division of Organizational Communication and Deputy Head of the Department of Communication Studies. Previously, Winkler was a Research Associate at the Institute for Science and Technology Studies at the University of Vienna, a Research Fellow at the Governing Responsible Business Research Environment at Copenhagen Business School, and most recently a Professor at the Department of Communication at FHWien der WKW – University of Applied Sciences in Management and Communication. In his research and teaching, Winkler is interested in the societal conditions and consequences of organizational communication, especially regarding questions of digitalization and social responsibility.
- Digitisation of organisational communication
- Communicative approaches to organisational research
- Critical and postmodern approaches to communication management and strategy
- Organisational communication of social and ecological responsibility
- DGPuK – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaft
- ECREA – European Communication Research and Education Association
- EGOS – European Group of Organization Studies
- EUPRERA – European Public Relations Education and Research Association
- ICA – International Communication Association
- PRVA – Public Relations Verband Austria
- ÖGK – Österreichische Gesellschaft für Kommunikationswissenschaft
General conditions of the Master’s examination with Univ.-Prof. Dr. Winkler
- Topic and literature are fixed with the examiner.
- The amount of literature is between 150-200 pages.
- Literature includes English and German journal and handbook articles.
- One-page summaries of each contribution plus a two-page reflection of the entire literature are to be emailed to the examiner one week before the examination.