Profile of the Division of Transcultural Communication
The Division of Transcultural Communication considers itself to be an interdisciplinary research unit offering lectures and seminars on culture and communication. We encourage students to engage with the topic communication from various (inter)disciplinary angles in order to prepare them for the global workplace. The choice of topics covered by us comprises diverse fields: intercultural competence, cultural intelligence, cultural transformation processes, socio-cultural resilience, and culture and the brain There is also an emphasis on addressing communication issues from a cultural theory perspective.
- Cultural change and transformation
- Cross-cultural competence and resilience
- transcultural processes of mediatisation
- Development policy for North-South communication
- Cross-cultural Management and Marketing
- Regional Communication